- Total $0.00
Creating the perfect proposal
Creating the perfect proposal Ready to pop the question but you aren’t sure how to make your proposal the way you want it to be? Coming up with the right way to ask those four little words “Will you marry me?” is a challenge, and you want it to be just right. Getting ideas on how you want the proposal to be special – something she’ll never forget – takes a bit of thinking through and planning. You want it to be personalised to your relationship, and perfect. Where to start? Don’t worry, we have gathered some fabulous ideas to help make your proposal just like you want it to be.
- Even though you may have talked about getting engaged, make the proposal a surprise! It’s important to do everything in your power to make the moment a surprise, as catching her off guard adds to the magic.
- Ask her parents first, this will set the tone for the future and her parents will respect you for it.
- Choose a sentimental location. The restaurant where you had your first date, the place where you shared your first kiss, where you first said “I love you”, or one special place that you know means a lot to her.
- If family and friends can be there, surprise her by inviting family and friends to share the moment. You could organise a family gathering or holiday dinner. If you need some help setting up, it will be great to have their support. Or, if you’d like the proposal to be just the two of you, you could arrange to have your closest loved ones just out of view, maybe looking on from a nearby vantage point. After you pop the question and she says “yes,” wave everyone in for a big group hug and lots of congratulations. It’s the best of both worlds — you get a lovely, intimate moment alone, and then have all of your favorite people share in your happiness immediately afterwards.
- Holidays are a great time to propose, with friends and family in town. Its great if you can have all of your friends ready to celebrate with you. This holiday will always have even more significance for you both as you think back on the time when you got engaged.
- Music. Always have music. Do you have a song that is meaningful to the both of you? Or, does she remember the first song you ever slow-danced to? (You can subtly ask her without giving away your plan.) Having a sweet tune playing in the background elevates your proposal to “unforgettable” status.
- Get down on one knee – it’s traditional and shows how much you care.
- Slow dance. No matter where you are. No matter who’s around, if you’re out at a public spot like a scenic overlook. No matter if there’s music or not. Just gather her close, and lead her in a slow dance to last forever in her memory. Sigh…
- When it comes to the proposal, we want you to be prepared and know how to create that special moment your partner will never forget. So practice saying the words out loud, write them down if you need to, make sure you say what you mean.